The vast range of choice of food available in Borough Market is sometimes a bit daunting for tourists and locals alike.
We have tried and tested almost all the options and offer below a few ideas for the best of the lunch options available to suit every taste and wallet...
1. Applebee's Prawn Wraps - always a really tasty barbeque lunchtime choice. Wonderful garlic sauce and very fresh. Not too pricey either, at £6 a pop, especially as it’s like angels dancing on your tongue.
2. Pieminister - only £4 and very warming on a winter’s day from the market stall. Pie and Mash and gravy for a bit extra, and mushy peas too if you feel like it. Tastes fantastic and all organic and free range too.
3. Fish! and Chips - the Borough Market institution - Fish! - offers a good, quick and easy fish and chips option from its kiosk. They know what they are doing, so it’s always excellent. At close to a tenner though it a bit toppy for a lunch on the go. Tricky to eat too but they do have a table to perch at.
4. Flat Iron Square - the new food court at Flat Iron Square has a wide range of street food including Indonesian Nasi Goreng. Pancakes, dumplings, as well as salads and a bakery give people exactly what they want.
5. O'ver restaurant - a new addition to the area with excellent pizza and pasta as well as more elaborate Italian dishes , plus a really good wine list.
6. Padella - the current favourite of the glitterati, Padella is so popular that the queues can be a hindrance. However the pasta is freshly made on site and so good, you will want to return...
7. Brindisa - the Paninis from Brindisa in the Market are wonderfully tasty with the best flavoursome chorizo. Another quick option and easy to eat on the hoof.
8. Roast kiosk - the Roast restaurant has a superb kiosk below which has the best beef, lamb and pork baps with horseradish or apple sauce. Great value too starting at £3.50 for a bacon bap. Difficult to argue with, especially with your mouth full...
9. The Breakfast Club - not an obvious choice for lunch but less of a queue for this very popular spot at lunchtimes. Well worth a visit, but it’s a trendy haunt so wear your best beard.
10. Union Viet - a really good if small Vietnamese restaurant on Union Street serving traditional Asian cuisine.